Tuesday 12 February 2013

Stuffed Chicken Breast (chop-chop style)

I made a couscous salad and had some left over for lunch at work tomorrow. See a big part of changing my way of life, and eating, has been being better prepared. I therefore plan my meals ahead and I cook my lunch the night before or in the morning while eating my oats. (My oats are totally delicious, I'll share my method soon).

So for my lunch I marinated a sizable piece of chicken breast in my choice of spices. The breast piece needs to have been sliced open on one side like you would a hot dog roll, leaving one longitudinal side intact. Fry the inside part first for about 30 seconds in a preheated olive oiled pan. Then turn over and remove pan from heat.

Take 3tsp of tomato purée, 1.5 tsp of crushed garlic and 1.5 tsp honey. And mix well.

Smoothly smear the tomato mixture onto the surface of the chicken; this will be on top of the lightly fried inside part of the chicken piece. Close the edges of the chicken together and pin shut with toothpicks.

Replace the pan on the heat and shallow fry at low heat with a lid on. Remove when cooked or after 7minutes...ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungry? Leave me a comment!