Monday 11 February 2013

The Upside of my Lifestyle Change- LSC



I have made many tasty dishes over the past few weeks and since I began to eat better. Recently I made an epic chicken salad. I basically tossed together some lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, green peppers and red peppers, onion shavings, cucumber and mango shreds- all seems rather basic however the CHICKEN totally transformed the salad. I marinated the chicken in my choice of spices which can be anything that makes sense- chicken spice, Portuguese spice, herbs- fresh or dry, garlic, crushed pepper etc. I lightly fried the chicken in olive oil until it was cooked. I am currently avoiding salad dressings so I needed to come up with a way to add some low fat dressing to my salad. Anyway I ended up adding a dollop of honey, a double dollop of plain low fat yoghurt and a generous splash of soy sauce. High Risk-High Return? Hell yeah. I cooled the chicken and added it to the veg and tossed it. The extra ‘sauce’ from the chicken was absolutely delicious and moistened my salad. I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND THIS! And because it was so good, I gobbled it up before I could take a picture. Tsk tsk tsk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungry? Leave me a comment!