Tuesday 30 April 2013

Chicken in Soya Sauce, Dumpling delight


Joy and Jubilation!


Well maybe not so much, but I must say I was rather chuffed when by chance, I came across a Chinese supermarket in Rivonia, rather close to my ‘hood. Kong Tai is a restaurant and supermarket situated at The Wedge Shopping Centre in Joburg. The restaurant looks quite smart and welcoming while the aromas set off Pavlovian-like salivating impulses- can I get an AMEN!??

 The food was impressive much to my relief because I have been longing for a reliable Asian takeaway spot and have been left disappointed one too many times.

I spent a good buck in the supermarket as well, buying everything from variations of Soya sauce, Dumpling Sauce, Eggs Noodles, Spinach Spaghetti, Chicken and Cabbage Dumplings- (to die for!), Chinese Vegetables like Pak Choi and some Chinese Crockery.

This week I am trying out an Oriental twist to my menu, owing to the fact that after having suffered a fateful case of food poisoning (someone else’s food I assure you), I am leaning more towards light and easy going food.

I hope to explore a few dishes by talking to people and getting pointers, researching but mainly experimenting with flavours.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungry? Leave me a comment!