Wednesday 10 April 2013

Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken


Chicken, chicken and more chicken! It seems that’s all I eat these days, with odd the fish and red meat for a treat, but generally I am all chickened out. I absolutely love chicken but since I went through on this Lifestyle change, I eat a hell of a lot. Chicken breasts can be quite boring and there is a tendency to make stir-fries over and over again. I decided to stuff my chicken breast with cream cheese.

Cut the chicken breast in half leaving one end closed like you would a hotdog roll. Season the chicken as you please, I chose to use salt, barbeque spice, Italian dry herbs, garlic and a smidgeon of honey. (Quick tip- when frying chicken or anything for that matter, try and add basting or honey right at the end to avoid burning or caramalising). I fried the chicken lightly in olive oil until done and left them to cool. Just for good measure I sprinkled a few lines of honey on the breast. When the chicken cooled, I spread cream cheese on the inside and folded the chicken closed before sealing the edges with tooth picks. And ta-da!!! Cream Cheese stuffed chicken breasts. The honey and the cheese combo provide a tongue teasing sensation- Enjoy with a side couscous salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungry? Leave me a comment!